My Heart is…

This week we read My Heart is Like a Zoo. Click here for a peek at the book trailer.

Screen shot 2011-04-20 at 3.25.58 PM

It is a beautifully illustrated poem that we enjoyed over and over again.

We studied the pictures and thought we would try to make animals out of hearts. We tried to choose clever descriptions for our animals. Our efforts ended up in a photostory – uploaded into youtube.

So, please take a look at our innovation of Michael Hall’s book My Heart is Like a Zoo.

6 thoughts on “My Heart is…

1. Beth Diaz

I am happy as a hamster that I got to watch this! Wonderful work, boys and girls! I especially like your artwork and your music!

2. ALYSSA MILLS

hey Mrs.Wojtera this is Alyssa ummm just wanted to say HI!My mom & Noah said hi to well by. PEACE OUT

3. Mrs Wojtera

Hey Alyssa and Sophia! I hope you are having a great spring break! Thanks for visit the blog. Happy Earth day!

4. Michael Hall

Mrs. Wojtera,

What a great surprise to come across your blog this morning! Your students are truly talented and lucky to have such an inspiring teacher. The heart video is perfect! Do you mind if I post it on my website or link to it?

5. wojtera Post author

Wow! What a treat to have you visit our blog! Thank you for your kind words. Your book is lovely – a feast for the eyes and ears!
    I am very pleased that you enjoyed our tribute to your work. We would be so excited to have our video posted on your blog.